Friday, January 21, 2011

Stained Paint Chip Art

 Okay I know I have told you all I may be ridiculously a little obsessed with paint chips, right?  Well after seeing several others showing off their paint chip wall art I decided it was my time to shine.  The best part? you ask...I used my kids craft supplies to experiment and it actually turned out the way I hoped!!  How awesome is that?  Well I was only experimenting when I started this so I chose a smaller 2x4 but I will be getting a larger cut soon enough!  This is the scoop: I may not have taken the greatest background pics for this one because it WAS an experiment so please just bare with me on that aspect :)
I love brown(s)

Tacky Glue works Wonders :)

Nothin Fancy

My brilliant idea to "stain" the paint chips

Using WATERCOLORS!

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me so I took a close up!

Slapped a coat of Good ol Mod Podge on
And now all I have to do is find a place for it to hang! YAY





Linking To: 





Photobucket

 












monogram


Fantabulous Friday!








6 comments:

  1. I love the aged look the watercolors gave your paint chips, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just replying back...you did not offend me at all! I was just expressing how wonderful it was that you featured her on your blog! She is an amazing person and deserved to be featured!! Thank you for sharing about Melissa's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute artwork! Practically free too! Can't beat that.

    Thanks for sharing in FFA!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your paint chip projects! I featured your paint chip banner @ my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-lucky-13.html
    Hope you grab a Pink Hippo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Too fabulous! Following you back on GFC!
    Shawn

    http://chicksdigcoupons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is really sweet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and appreciate each and every one!